Saturday 18 October 2014

The Art of Faith with Jelissa

Hello 13arts fans!

Today is my turn on the blog and I have a special page to share with you from my art journal. I shared the cover I made for the art journal in my debut post for 13arts and have been creating in it ever since. But because the pages inside are very personal, I don't really post them anywhere. Today's page I'm sharing is something I hope can inspire you as the message in it has inspired me. I made it after a friend shared something personal with me.

Faith


The paper was primed with gesso and I used lots of 13arts goodies to create the background. There was dripping across the two pages, paint splatters with Ayeeda mists, and I used a mixture of gel medium and Matt paint for the stenciled details. Underneath all that layers are some sheets of hymn music which I torn out from a hymn book that is at least 100 years old. My uncle found it in London and gave it to me, but I feel so heart-pained when I had to tear it out from the very old book.

Close-ups:


I went a little crazy with altering the chipboard - first I did some gel transfer with Ayeeda gel medium to create a distressed paper texture. Then I painted the surface with Ayeeda mists and paints, dabbed gesso for a even more weathered effect. For more dimensional look, I mixed liquid medium with Pearl Gold paint and dabbed it randomly over the chipboard so that they look like  - gold pearls!



More altering of the flowers with Ayeeda paints, and my favourite Gold Pearl which I find that I must use in almost every project that I create. 


Another angle of the page where I have a die cut doily which I distressed with the Gold Pearl paint. 

This is all I have for you today, thanks for dropping by!

13arts products used:



Mist Chalk - Chalk Dark Brown


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful piece with fabulous depth.. So much to look at but all beautifully balanced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so very beautiful! The layering, and all the details, combine so wonderfully - I could look at this for hours and still discover a new treasure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you ladies for your kind words, so glad you like this!

    ReplyDelete