Wednesday 15 October 2014

Art journal page by Magda Polakow

Hello everyone! 
Today I want to show you one of my favourite art journal pages. As a fan of black backgrounds I couldn't resist and created a page using black colour, a lot of it...

Below you will find step by step tutorial which shows how I have made the background.  


I stuck some scraps and masking tape using gel medium. 


I applied a layer of black gesso. I covered whole page and dried it. 


I added more texture to my page using gel medium and mask.


I chose Pastel Mists for my background, they are perfect for black backgrounds. 


I sprayed light colours - Pastel White and Pearl Clear.


In a few places I had applied gel medium and then added Glass Filler.


More mists...


And finally white stuff to finish the page - white paint and white ink.


Details...






I used:
Black Gesso
White Gesso
Pastel Mists 
Pearl Clear Mist
Gel Medium
Matte White Paint
Splash! White Ink
Glass Filler

1 comment: