Tuesday 14 October 2014

Fly High by Jacqueline Moore

Hi everyone!! I'm very excited to be sharing with you today my first creation as a member of the 13 Arts design team. Today I would like to share with you a beautiful mixed-media layout I created using amazing 13 arts products.

'Fly High'


I have used papers from both the 'All is Love' and 'Fly Away' Collections.
I have used 2 different stencils to add texture paste to my background. To achieve the watercolor look on my background I have combined various 13 Arts Ayeeda Matte Paints mixed with equal parts Ayeeda Acrylic Liquid Medium. This thins the paints, making them more fluid, and increases its transparency. Then using a very wet paintbrush I began to paint my background working on very small sections at a time. This is because these paints are acrylic and they cannot be reworked once dry like a traditional watercolor.

Some details:


For my title I have used chipboard from the 'Fly Away' collection. I have primed it with Ayeeda Gesso, then covered it with a thick layer of Ayeeda Paint: White with Silver Glitter. 
I have also painted a 13 Arts flower green, tucking it beneath my papers.


All my flowers have been randomly brushed with Ayeeda Gesso and Ayeeda Paint: Silver Glitter, for extra sparkle.


As you can see I have also used the chipboard butterflies from the 'Fly Away Collection. I love how delicate and detailed they are. The butterflies have been painted using the same colors that I have used in the background.


I have used used Matte paint in Cobalt to add shadowing beneath all my embellishments and paper layers.


I have added some small resin pieces and gems around the page to accent, then to finish I have covered my photo and sprayed everything with Ayeeda Pearl Mist in Silver, giving everything a gorgeous shimmer.

I hope you like what I have created and find something here to inspire you!!

13 Arts products used:

Papers and chipboards - 'Fly Away' Collection
Ayeeda Paint - Matte Pea
Ayeeda Paint - Matte Mint
Ayeeda Paint - Matte Pistachio
 Ayeeda Paint - Matte Turquoise
Ayeeda Paint - Matte Cobalt
Ayeeda Paint - Silver Glitter
 Ayeeda Paint - White and Silver Glitter
Ayeeda Medium - Modeling Paste
Ayeeda Medium - Acrylic Liquid Medium
Ayeeda Mist - Pearl Silver
Ayeeda Mist - Pastel White
Ayeeda Ink - Black
Resin - Curls
Resin - Roses 
Adhesive Beads - French Journey


4 comments:

  1. Simply stunning page. Love the background and the way you build your layers. Is that a reverse brick mask and if so what brand is it? Love the effects it gives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie, I used a 6x6 Prima stencil, called Brick Pathway, turned on a diagonal. Hope that helps! And thank you for your wonderful comments!!!

      Delete
  2. Absolutely AWESOME what you've done to this layout. Thank you so much for sharing!
    SuZeQ

    ReplyDelete