Monday 23 November 2015

Hope with Jelissa

Hello friends! How has your weekend been? 

I'm up on the 13@rts blog with a Christmassy creation. It's only about 1 month away and I'm really looking forward to all the festivities, merry-making and getting together with friends. I'm not much for green and red and gold, but this card was so much fun to make.

I used very simple supplies for this card as I wanted a minimalist sort of look with plenty of white space. To create some texture with a white-on-white effect, I spread modeling paste over one of the new Christmas stencils and sprinkled distress glitter on top while wet. I also die cut and embossed a white snowflake from cardstock paper, and painted it with White and Silver glitter paint.

Some close-ups:


I rested my white cardstock background on a sheet from Olga's Winter Tales collection. Love the wood grain design because it conveys such a cosy feeling of evenings by the fire in a tidy little cabin. I had also cut out tags from the collection and layered with a gold leaf and a chipboard , colored with Splash! Woodbine glitter ink. The flower was painted with Splash! green glitter ink and I sprinkled some of the gold microspheres inside. The title "Hope" is what I'm praying for this season - that hope will overcome all the evils of this world.



I dripped some Green glitter ink down the top. Wasn't sure what effect I was trying to achieve as snowfall on roof is not green, but it looked good all the same!

And that's all I have for today. Have a great week ahead!


13@rts products used:
Paper "Christmas tags", The paper "First Snow"Tekturką / Chipboard Winter Tales wordsMask-Stencil "Greetings"Acrylic Ink SPLASH! Glitter GreenAcrylic Ink SPLASH! Glitter WoodbineGold Microspheres, Ayeeda Paint - White & Silver GlitterLeaves brocade large 

love,

1 comment: