Thursday 26 February 2015

Follow Your Dreams with Jelissa

Hello friends!

I've been quiet for awhile trying to get some much needed rest, but I'm in again today to share a card I made for 13@rts. Nowadays I'm venturing into small projects like these for practical reasons - I'm too exhausted for bigger projects like layouts, and I have tons of 12x12 lying around with lack of storage space. With cards I can bless someone and also, it's something I really suck at so, practice makes perfect right? I hope LOL

So here's a step by step showing how I made this card.

Step 1



I trimmed out two sheets of 12"x6" from one sheet of patterned paper from the Cozy Evening collection (Hot Chocolate edition). The brown side I used as my base and from the reverse side, I trimmed out a 5.5"x5.5". For the brown sheet, I folded into half and distressed the edges with gesso using my finger.

Step 2



Add modeling paste over a stencil (from Cozy Evening) and sprinkle some embossing powder over. Heat to set.

Step 3



I used Woodbine chalk mist to add color and also some Splash! acrylic ink in black for my splatters. The embossing powder added earlier gives a nice resist effect.

Step 4



I mixed some Ayeeda matte paint in black with modeling paste and used it to distress the edges of my white paper with my finger to get a nice grungy border.

Step 5


Using the same mixture, I patted it over randomly on my chipboard, followed by some modeling paste to whitewash it and give some texture. After this, just assemble the card together and this is what I got:



I splattered some Woodbine chalk mist on the flowers and misted lightly with water. Unfortunately it does look like splatters of blood (oops)... My sentiment is a sticker from the Fly Away collection and I distressed the edges with gesso as well.

Some closeups:





2 comments: