Wednesday 30 November 2016

Glass collage | Terhi Koskinen

Hello 13arts fans!

Terhi here with my new passion called: Shiny Powders.
Shiny Powders can be used in thousands of ways, today I'm showing you one simple way to add sheen and nice colors to your project.


As I love the shimmering effect of the powders, I decided to give it a try on a glass. I had some left over glass pieces and first I created a little composition of different embellishments on the glass. The composition is made with chipboards, metal embellies and different fabrics, all adhered with gel medium.


Shiny Powders needs something to be adhered to. So I made a mix of Liquid Acrylic Medium and Shiny Powders and the started to add the color on the glass. With Shiny Powders the options to try new techniques are almost limitless - this is just one simple way to use them.


I made different mixes to each color: blue, turquoise and green.
Loving the way they spread on each other! Just be careful when adding, many thin layers and small amount of liquid is better than one big splash of color. This was so much fun to play!
If you have any questions about using this technique, don't hesitate to leave a comment here.


Hope you liked it!

Thank you for stopping by!

Terhi xx


13arts products:

No comments:

Post a Comment