Wednesday 9 December 2020

Summertime layout by Moira Gilowey

 


Hello creative friends. 

I am sharing a layout with you today using some of the “Under the Stars” papers 
together with “End of Summer” cutouts and chipboards.

I love this photograph of my sister-in-law and her mother sitting 
on the edge of the lake in Switzerland, enjoying the sunshine and the beautiful view.  
I decided to use the blues of the water and the pop of the orange umbrella 
as my colour scheme, together with gold … because who doesn’t love a bit of gold!

I prepared the background of this layout by first covering it in a layer of clear gesso.
I then tore some of the paper before stamping around the edges.


Stenciling was added onto the layout with modeling paste and then, 
once the modeling paste was dry, I diluted the Color Glows separately and applied these
with a paintbrush to my page, making sure to dry between each color application.


Once the colors were dry, I applied a tacky glue onto the page in places 
and left it to dry a bit and get sticky.  I then added gold foil to the sticky glue, 
rubbing off the excess with a hard brush.


I painted some of the chipboard stars in orange and added gold foil to the rest.
I also heat embossed the chipboard title and leaves with gold embossing powder.



I hope that this has inspired you to create your own project with the 
amazing 13arts papers and products.


No comments:

Post a Comment