Wednesday 10 April 2019

"Creative Mind" A Little Embroidery Hoop By Fiona

Hello my beautiful 13 Arts friends. Today I am here sharing with you a little embroidery hoop I have decorated using some of 13 Arts gorgeous new products.

For all the years I have been scrapbooking you know I have NEVER embellished an embroidery hoop. I know! I have seen so many gorgeous ones online and always thought I'd love to give it a go and so now ... here it is. I think I'm addicted!


I used some patterned paper to cover the base of the hoop and then layered some gauze over the top to give it a shabby look. I also gave the gauze a bit of a tear and grunged it up and then layered some gesso over it to create a shabby chic look.


Layers and layers of fussy cut flowers and feathers made up the main area of the hoops focus point along with a wing that I molded from air dry clay.


I added a wire border and on the bottom layer you may be able to see a little chipboard wreath that I covered with gesso and added some watercolor too.


I love this little treasure. I definitely think I will be making more of these hoops!


13Arts products:





Thank you so much for popping in and checking out my latest little creation xx


No comments:

Post a Comment