Monday 23 November 2020

End of Summer layout by Moira Gilowey


Hello creative friends.
Today I am sharing a layout with you using the beautiful End of summer collection.
Who doesn't love what Summer brings ... the smell of the ocean, fun in the sun, ice-cream, 
spending time with good friends ... and we don't want it to end!
 I felt that this photograph shows exactly how Summer feels.


I prepared the background of the layout by stamping around the edges of the paper and then 
stenciling here and there for texture.  When the modeling paste was dry, I applied white gesso,
 then Golden Calcite Color Glow mixed with gel medium and then black ink with gel medium
 around the edges of my layout with a spatula, drying completely between each layer.
 



I also added some flower stenciling around the area where my main composition would be and then,
when the modeling paste was still wet, I added copper glitter to the top of the paste and set it aside
 to dry completely.


Once I had added my photo and embellishments, I added amber and green watercolor
 around the composition.


I hope that this has inspired you to create your own project with the amazing 13arts papers
 and products.

No comments:

Post a Comment