Friday 17 May 2019

"Free" ~ a fanciful layout with Sandi Clarkson

Hello, 3arts fans!

 It's Friday, yay! I hope you have some relaxing weekend plans! 

Sandi here with you today sharing my latest creation using the On The Wall paper collection. 
I was in the mood for something kind of fanciful and "off the wall," :) so I chose to scrap this photo of a whimsical store front window at Bergdorf Goodman in New York City. The glammed up mannequin amongst dinosaurs bones intrigued me. 


Here are my steps:

First I cut a 5x12 inch strip of the On the Wall Bubbles paper and used an old punch on the edges and then distressed them a bit.  That strip was layered on top of the On the Wall Dripping paper with words, B.  Next Clear Gesso was used to prime the papers to prepare them for wet media products. At about the same time I lightened a focal section of the layout with watered down White Gesso.




After using a heat gun to dry the papers, I chose the His Time Stencil because it seemed fitting for the page. I pushed Modeling Paste through the stencil in 3 primary areas. Working in threes is a rule of thumb for me.
 While I was drying the modeling paste, I chose the Yellow Amber Water Ink to highlight the pattern of the stencil. By applying the ink with a small watercolor brush, I moistened the water ink with a mister and tilted my page to help the ink move in an interesting pattern. I am crazy over this color of Water Ink, so you'll probably see it often!

 

I also had some Brown Water Ink in my palette tray, so I used a mosist towelette to dab some of that here and there on the layout. I kept the towel nearby so that I could use it near the conclusion to add hints of the second color for depth. Once my focal area was definite, I stamped around that area with the wispy stem stamp from the Rose for You Stamp. The Beautiful stamp is from the same collection.

 

My photo was layered on a scrap from the On the Wall A4 Frames and a couple of paper doilies, then adhered to corrugated cardboard to give it height. I added Sisal ecru for texture before gluing the photo collage to the layout.
Next I began working on my florals. The larger ones are from13 Arts white flowers, set of 4 and the small ones are from my stash ... probably 10 years old. The cute little lightbulb is something that my husband found in the flower bed while I was busy working on this page. When he showed it to me, I grabbed it, washed and bam, added it to my page with Multipurpose gel medium. I used the regular Gel Medium for adding my Gold microspheres at the end.




All the chipboard pieces were chosen to loosely mimic the dinosaur bones, so I had planned ahead exactly where I wanted to place them. They were tucked in while the glue holding the photo collage was still wet. And of course, I chose the Free title because it seemed fitting.



Next came the fun part of just adding extra water ink here and there wherever looked right. Then I began splattering with 13 Arts SPLASH White Ayeeda Ink,  SPLASH Old Gold Glitter Ink andSPLASH Old Silver Glitter Ink. Of course, it is important to cover your photo while doing this step. A little on the photo is okay but you don't want to ruin it.




Just a nice shot of the dimension and also how I added bits of the Water Inks to the florals, the chipboard and wherever I thought was needed.



This close-up shows the use of the moist towel with leftover Brown Water Ink. On the chipboards stems to the left, I also made sure to add some of the SPLASH Old Gold Glitter Ink.




Aw, one last shot of that cool lightbulb found out in the flower bed! Always be on the lookout for clever things to add to your designs! And don't forget to add a little texture at the end, such as the Gold microspheres.

Here are the 13 Arts products used: 
Clear Gesso

No comments:

Post a Comment