Monday 3 March 2014

Mixed media card by Dorota Dołęga

Recently I'm making mostly layouts and art journal pages, but this time I've decided to try a smaller form. This simple card is made on recycled paper from an old book, which I whitewashed with a thin layer of gesso, so the letters are still visible. I've used all kinds of 13arts media: two shades of paints (I really love them!), chalk lilac mist and some of the new pastel line - pastel berry and lavender.


At some spots I've put some gel medium and put some micro glass beads in two sizes into it - they are perfect for creating an interesting textures:


I really love the colour palette of Ayeeda paints! I've mixed them with the new liquid acrylic medium to make splashes - the effect is really cool, it looks like a half-matte enamel.



Products used:
Gesso
Matte coral paint
Matte berry paint
Chalk lilac mist
Pastel berry mist
Pastel lavender mist
Gel medium
Liquid acrylic medium
Micro glass beads
Micro glass beads D2

Thanks for visiting 13arts blog. Have a lovely day!
Dorotka


6 comments:

  1. świetna kartka! super, że mniejsze formy tez mogą być mediowe, chlapane itp, bo szczerze mówiąc wielkie LO są dla mnie mało... praktyczne- zajmują tyyyle miejsca :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cudowna, zachwycająca, genialna!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prześliczna ta kartka, oczu nie mogę od niej oderwać :)

    ReplyDelete