Saturday 8 March 2014

Mixed media canvas by Vicky Varvadouka


Hello 13@rts funs!!!

I wanted to play a little bit and have fun with colors and mediums so I decided to make a canvas! I have chosen contrasting bold colors because they make any project eye catching ;)


I will tell you now which steps I followed...

- first I used gel medium to cover the whole surface with tissue paper.
  Tip: better cut it in pieces first because I had problems with the air that was trapped in several spots...


-then cover with gesso....

- choose your favorite stencils and apply modeling paste on  many different spots...

-party away like crazy with mists!!! Spray ramdomly here and there and add some water on top then shake/sag your camvas around and mix colors up until you are satisfied with the outcome!!
Tip: if something goes wrong, just cover with gesso and start all over again ;)


-final step for the background is to cover with transparent acrylic medium for EXTRA shine!!!!


Can you see the shine??????? Awesome!! :))))


-Now we start stamping and embellishing!! I cut the chipboard in two pieces and painted them gold! Then randomly stamp on them!


-this piece was painted with these 3 amazing colors using my finger actually to mix them up and then stamped on it too!!


These were the steps for the background and chipboard...now the rest of the decoration is actually upto your own taste!

Some close ups and we're done ;) xx






Material list


Ayeeda Paint - Matte lime
Ayeeda Paint - Pearl Gold
Pearl Mist - Turquoise Light
Mgiełka perłowa - Olive GreenMist Chalk - Chalk Dark BrownRoses 4 pc TeaHoneycombs smallFrame photo # 2Atomizer - Mister 33ml

Thanks for visiting!!
Happy Scrapping!!!xx



3 comments: