Thursday 19 September 2013

September 2013 Guest Designer -Sandi Smith - Canada

Witajcie! Dzisiaj na naszym blogu wspaniały gość, niezwykle ciepła i utalentowana osoba - Sandi Smith z Kanady. Zapraszam do poznania jej nieco bliżej i obejrzenia niezwykłych prac, które dla nas przygotowała.

Hello, today we are happy to have here our September Guest Designer - Sandi Smith. Please meet her a bit closer and look at her outstanding, beautiful projects!

>>><<<


Hi everyone...I just want to start off by saying how honored I am to be Guest Designing for 13 arts this month. It has been such a pleasure working with Ayeeda's awesome products. 

Here's a few things about me....

My name is Sandi Smith and I live in beautiful Newfoundland, Canada with my wonderful husband and 2 great kids.I did my first layout in January 2010 and was immediately hooked! I am obsessed with all things associated with scrapping and I am always in "scrapbook mode", constantly looking at things in our everyday lives for sources of inspiration. I love to tear, wrinkle, sew and to get messy with gesso, mists and paint. Some of my other obsessions...oops...I meant hobbies are refinishing antique furniture and my latest love is painting girls on mixed media backgrounds. I don`t have a definite style...my creations can be vintage, shabby chic or loaded with paints, sprays and gesso... depends on my mood and what inspires me at that time.


>>><<<

Love Is All You Need 


First off let me tell you that this layout looks NOTHING like what I originally set out to do!!!

I used the gorgeous Faces of Spring Collections and let me tell you that these papers certainly stand up to the layers and layers of mixed media products that I could not stop adding.

This is hubby and me on our wedding day and I wanted this layout to have the feel of Fall. I applied Ayeeda molding paste with the brick wall stencil and then tried to recreate the look of brick with texture paste, inks and micro beads(applied using gel medium). I also did some random stamping.

I added 13 arts Water inks in brown and olive green to water in a mister. I loved doing this because it allowed me to control how saturated the color of the mist would be.

Here's a close up of some of the beautiful flowers and twigs that are available in the 13 Arts store and the leaves were cut from the coordinating papers in the Faces of Spring collection. I just love the color of those rosebuds!!


I have to say that I LOVE the look of the twigs tucked in amongst the flower clusters...so pretty!!


13 Arts Products Used:

>>><<<

Ok...onto my next layout.

You Are Amazing


I used the beautiful All is love Collection for this layout of my sweet girl...it was a perfect match for her face painting! I once again applied gesso and molding paste to the layered background paper and went for a blast of color using the turquoise mist and pink paint. I also colored some 13 arts white flowers with the turquoise mist to match my layout..such beautiful intense color!!!

Here are a few closeups...



13 Arts Products Used: 
13 arts White Sliders 


>>><<<

My Heart Belongs To You


My last project is a card made from the All is Love Collection. I cut the banner and sentiment from the "Love Letters" papers and made the rolled roses from some scraps I had left. I used the mist in Fushia for a burst of bright pink. Once again, the twigs added just the perfect touch!!!







13 Arts Products Used: 


Well that's it for me and I hope you enjoyed my projects because I definitely enjoyed making them!!!

Thanks so much Ayeeda for having me!!

>>><<<

Dziękuje Sandi, to była ogromna przyjemność gościć Cie u nas:) Naprawdę wspaniałe prace!!!
Thank You Sandi, it was a huge pleasure to have you here:) You did amazing job with our products, thank You so much!!! 

xoxo
Ayeeda

4 comments: