Wednesday 18 September 2019

Watercolors meet Summer Rhapsody ~ Canvas Fun with Sandi

Hello,  everyone! 

I am up on the 13 Arts Blog today sharing a canvas featuring our new Summer Rhapsody collection along with our Watercolor Set of colors. 

What a great combo! 


I've been itching to share some work with our fabulous Watercolor set of 16 pans because they can provide such intensity of color. I went a step further and chose some colors outside my comfort zone. While so many like pink and purple, I am more of a peach, coral with aqua kind of gal. 

For fun, I chose to scrap this publicity photo of Lucille Ball that is just relaxed and funny. 



I prepared my background with some Modeling paste and MAGIC Powder to thicken it and achieve a more crackled look. Then I started with my Watercolors and created an ombre wash using the watercolors and lots of water. Colors used were Pink, Magenta, Violet and Indigo.




For my photo layers I've torn pieces from the Summer Rhapsody collection: Pink Thoughts Serendade and Music is Everywhere. I've also tucked on some embellishments from the Summer Rhapsody Ephemera pack as well as the In Bloom Ephemera Pack.




Prior to adhering the focal area, I randomly stamped my canvas background with black ink and the Magic Door Stamp. It looks great when hand stamped or when using a block. It's certain to become a fave!




I rounded out my piece with some splattering of 13 Arts SPLASH White Ayeeda Ink and White Gesso. For further dimension I added some Violet Hologram Glitter as well as some colored moss and a hat pin from my stash.

This was so fun create!
Watercolors are amazing to work with as you can achieve even the lightest of intensities if you wish!

Thanks for coming by the blog today!
Here is a list of my 13 Arts products:

Pink Thoughts, Summer Rhapsody



No comments:

Post a Comment