Friday 15 January 2016

Celebrate with Jelissa

Hello friends!

Hope your 2016 has been great so far. Mine is just filled to the brim with the kids and their activities and catching some me-time is a miracle! And I was so glad to find time to make a card for a special someone.



I've used paper from Aida's Secret Letters collection and based my mono-chrome palette entirely on the gorgeous mauve and pinks.

Some close-ups:



Bits of the background here. I first used the lovely new doily stencil (love it!!) and painted over with Dirty Pink in the chalk and pastel mists, followed by splatters of pastel Berry mist and black Splash! ink. For my title, I painted the words with white Splash! ink.



When all that is dried, I went over with the "Always the Music" stencil. This is another favourite of mine because of the details in the notes and script and I love to use this to add more texture to my background. Lastly is a script stamp with some embossing powder for a darker color tone to accent the whole card.


I have a doily die cut from white cardstock and gave it a slightly different treatment. First I splattered Berry mist over it without gesso and let the color sink in. It leaves a intense but even splash of color and I applied gesso over. Finally it's Berry mist again but the effects are greatly different. The spots of mist dries with a darker edge around a much lighter pool of the mist. With this, I was able to make my doily look more interesting with a dyed and dried look. The chipboard was treated as usual with painting Dirty Pink chalk mist randomly.

And this is all I have for today. Have a great weekend ahead!

13@rts products used:

2 comments:

  1. So very beautiful, love all the doily action on this one! Great with the simple flower focal piece. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card with lovely textures and colors!

    ReplyDelete