Tuesday 13 October 2015

'Sweet' - Layout Tutorial by Jacqueline Moore

 Hello!!! Today I would like to share with you this layout I created using lots of beautiful 13 Arts products. 
I have also put together a little step-by-step tutorial for you showing you how it came together.
 
'Sweet'


I must say I really love how this one turned out!!! 

 Some Details:












And here is the tutorial:

Step 1: I began by spreading Gel medium over the entire background of my White cardstock and let it dry. Then I began adding color. I started with 13 Arts Pastel yellow mist, using my paintbrush to add large drops around the background, then using the same brush to splatter clean water on the background. I then continued to repeat this step with Pastel Salmon, Pastel Pink, Pastel Raspberry, Chalk Fuchsia, Pearl Pink, Pearl Violet, and Pearl Gold. I have used such a variety of color because I just love all the different tones and shades that show through, however you can create a similar background with only 4 colors. 
I chose not to photograph the steps for this background as it is difficult to show how it is done in a photograph and more easily explained with words, however if you would like to see how this is done in detail please watch my youtube video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCZPBqKzUG0 as the technique is the same. The wonderful thing about doing this on Gel medium is that if you make a mistake or do not like the result you can simply wipe it away with a baby-wipe or wet cloth.


Step 2: Once I was happy with the colors on the background I set it aside to dry thoroughly. Once dry I have spread Gesso through a stencil in a couple of areas. I have used Gesso instead of Modelling paste so that it will dry white and remain visible on my background. You can let it dry on its own or with a heat gun.


 Step 3: Add some stamping with an ink in a co-ordinating color, I used a Cocoa color.


 Step 4: Begin cutting a distressing your 13 Arts papers for your photo mat I have used papers from the Color Basic Collection. Add in some Gold Doilies, Twine and a Chipboard Frame. Layer your elements together using foam tape. Then add some Black Splatters on your background using 13 Arts Water-Based Ink.


 Step 5: Continue to build your photo mat by adding more paper, distressed calico, another piece of paper and some twine. I have also added another chipboard frame on the other side. Next I have begun to add some embellishments, die-cut flowers and word stickers layered with foam tape and some sparkly thread between the layers for added texture.


 Step 6: Continue building up your embellishments by adding more layered die-cut flowers, and a few actual flowers, plus these gorgeous pink twigs from 13 Arts (I just adore them!!).
Place your photo (I have sanded the edges of mine) above your twine using foam tape and frame it with some wire cord.


Step 7: Finish adding the final touches of the embellishments (more flowers, paperclips, resin pieces and the pink heart gem from 13 Arts), then brush the tips of all the paper flowers and die-cut flowers with gesso to add some more texture.


 Step 8: Next add splatters of Pink SPLASH! Ink across the page, being careful not to get it on your photo. Then add splatters of Pastel Pink and Pastel Raspberry to your embellishments.


 Step 9: Use Gel Medium to attach Gold Microspheres to your flowers and Light Gold Mica Flake beneath your embellishment clusters in certain spots. I have also added some Pink Decorative Crystals.


 Step 10: Finish off your page by adding your title I have used the chipboard word 'Sweet' from the Fly Away Collection. I have painted it with a coat of Gold Glitter Paint, which looks fantastic on the raw color of this chipboard. I have then used the Gold Glitter Paint to brush the tips of all my flowers, and along the edges of my embellishments, die-cuts and frames.


 And that is what your finished layout will look like!!

I hope you have enjoyed my post today and found my tutorial helpful.

13 Arts Products used:
Glossy White Cardboard (I have used the non-glossy side)
 

4 comments:

  1. I must appreciate the way you have expressed your feelings through your blog.

    Vakantiehuis Zweden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page with wonderful colors, embellies and flowers and an adorable baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colors, love this page. Cute photo, too.

    ReplyDelete