Monday 26 October 2015

Thankful with Jelissa

Hello 13@rts fans!

Today I'm up on the blog with a very simple layout but one I had a lot of fun experimenting with, using the lovely Ayeeda inks.

Here is the layout:


Actually, I had more heartache than fun making this. When I was nearly complete with my layout, I spilled the Sky Blue and Violet inks all over the whole page and it was unsalvageable. So it was back to a new sheet of white cardstock and I had to start all over again. But this time round, I was able to try out something new so it wasn't all that wasted.

Some close-ups:


My cardstock was primed with clear gesso from the 13@rts store. I'm so glad that we finally have our own version of it which is so fluid and so much easier to apply on than the one I used previously. I then created a resist with stamping and white embossing powder before I started on the inks.


Making the layout a little less boring with texture - microbeads, glass beads and sand grit.


Layering on and blending the inks, which I watered down and splattered for the watercolor effect that is really quite the trend now. The Ayeeda inks are really intense and easy to blend. I finished off with splatters of Splash! acrylic ink.

So that's all I have for today. Thanks for dropping by!

13@rts products used:



Paper "Remember me", Clear Gesso - acrylic primer 120mlWater-based ink - Yellow AmberWater-based ink - Sky BlueWater-based ink - GreenWater-based ink - OrangeWater-based ink - PinkWater-based ink - ScarletWater-based ink - VioletAcrylic Ink SPLASH! Black


2 comments:

  1. Jelissa's page is quite beautiful - love the wonderful splashes of color!! (I know exactly how she felt when she spilled her ink - it has happened to me too)!

    ReplyDelete