Friday 24 July 2015

Enjoy Life with Jelissa

Good Friday 13@rts friends! How has your summer been so far?

Today I'm up on the blog with a cute little wall hanging which I altered with lots of 13@rts products. I was inspired by the pink and purple lupins I saw when I visited New Zealand during summer. A friend was telling me that one bunch of these costs a bomb in Europe, whereas these grow like weeds in the South Island! The meadows, riverbanks and roadsides would be bathed in beautiful pink and purple and needless to say, I came back with a hundred photos of the same thing.

Anyway, here is my project:



More details in the close-ups:


I first primed with a simple layer of white gesso. I then made a thick paste with it and lots of Magic Powder and scraped it over a stencil, giving my poppies a lot of texture. Then I misted and painted from the bottle with Pearl Pink and Chalk Lilac mists. This was finished off with some script stamping using Matt Paint in White, which gives a gorgeous embossed effect.


I primed this sweet flower chipboard as well and first painted a very thin layer of Raspberry matt paint. Then I scooped up some white sand grit with modeling paste and patted them down in the centre. Then it was layering more colors in Lavender matt paint and Vivid Violet paint. For the stalks, I used Green metallic paint and layered them thick in some places for a darker look.


Decorating the banner with some glass beads, silver microspheres and pink sand grit. Then adding on color with Pearl Pink and Pearl Violet mists, and also Chalk Lilac mist.


Another chipboard piece of a little bridge which I colored with Old Silver metallic paint. I also tucked in a little resist butterfly piece which I colored with Pearl Violet mist. There were also a couple of flowers in the background with I colored with Pearl Violet mist and as I let the color run with water, it separates into a gorgeous purple and teal.

So that's all I have for today. Enjoy your weekend!

13@rts products used:

Pearl Pink mist, Pearl Violet mist, Chalk Lilac mist, Vivid Violet paint, White Matt paint, Lavender Matt paint, Raspberry Matt paint, Green Metallic paint, Old Silver Metallic paint, Sand grit pink, Sand grit white, Silver microspheres, acrylic primer, Ayeeda Magic Powder, modeling paste


2 comments:

  1. So very, very pretty! The colors and textures are wonderful and I love all the beautiful flowers you've added.

    ReplyDelete