Friday 31 July 2015

For Someone Special - Card Tutorial - by Jacqueline Moore

Hello!! 

I hope you have all had a good week? I can't believe that it is the end of July already!!! How quickly has the year gone by?

It's my turn again on the 13 Arts blog, and I'm just stopping by today to share with you another card and step-by-step tutorial.


'For Someone Special'


Some close-ups:


Lot's of dimension!!





And here is the tutorial:

Step 1 and 2: Cut a piece of paper from the mental vacation Collection to fit the front of your card. Distress the edges and attach with double-sided tape, then use a palette knife to spread gesso over the front of your card. 


Steps 3 and 4: Mix some Modelling Paste with Magic! Powder to create a nice thick paste that will crack when applied, then use your palette knife to spread the paste through your stencil/stencils. When the paste is dry add some random stamping with archival ink.


Steps 4 and 5: Now it is time to add color. I have mixed Pearl Turquoise light with a tiny bit of Vivid Violet paint to get this gorgeous Deep Blue. I have painted it onto my background in a roucgh diamond shape adding some of the Pearl Turquoise light on its own as well. Give everything a few sprays of water and let the colors run.


Steps 6 and 7: Add some Washi Tape and Cut your papers. Distress the edges and attach with foam tape and glue for added strength.


Steps 8 and 9: Tear a piece of Calico and add it to your layers then glue some Hemp Twine in a circle on top. Next I have covered a chipboard frame with Washi Tape and placed it on top before adding a flower and another circle of Jute Twine in Apricot. I have then added a few splashes of Pastel Salmon Mist to the background.


Steps 10 and 11: Add some more flowers brushed with Gesso, a resin clock, and metal leaf painted White. I have also decided to lighten up the edges of the card a little by rubbing some Gesso into it with my finger. I added some more paint flicks of the deep blue I mixed up for my background. Add some Light Grey Grit randomly to your card using Gel medium to hold it in place.


Step 12: Finish off by writing your sentiment on white card with a black pen, cutting it out and attaching firmly to your card. Then use your black pen to draw an outline on the Washi Tape chipboard frame and to draw a zigzag stitch around the edge of the card. 


I hope you like my card and that you enjoyed my tutorial!!!

13 Arts products used:
Mental Vacation Papers 
Starlight Papers
Gesso
Gel Medium 
Modelling Paste
MAGIC! Powder
Ayeeda Mist - Pearl Turquoise Light
Ayeeda Mist - Pastel Salmon
Ayeeda Paint - Vivid Violet
Mental Vacation Stencil - Grid
Fly Away Stencil
Colored Grit - Light Grey 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment