Monday 27 July 2015

altered clock - by Ingrid


Don't you just love when a project turns out exactly how you visualized it in your head?!!
This altered clock is one of those projects.
I knew the colors and the feel of how it had to look and I just love how it turned out!

Started this clock by glueing some kitchen paper towel with 13arts acrylic gel medium.
Added all the embellishments, buttons, pearls and gears, and give it two coats with 13arts gesso.
Painted with my favorite color, turquoise and a touch of pink.
After all the paints I added the flowers:
 some paper flowers,mini roses, handmade thread flowers and the gorgeous tulle flower form 13arts.
The paper flowers were given a touch with gesso as well because I wanted a more softer look.
Also added a metal butterfly and some twigs.

Left side of the clock.
As you can see I let the design run through the left side as well.

Did the same on the right side.

The gorgeous tulle flower from 13arts.

The metal butterfly is from a Dutch home decor store.

The painted chipboard gears, buttons, pearls and metal mini flowers.
After all the paints I gave them all a touch with gesso for a more softer look.

Top and left side.

Those big paper flowers were in my stash forever and after a good coat with gesso 
they matched this project perfectly! 


13arts products used:
Acrylic gel medium
Pearl pink
Pastel turquoise
Chalk turquoise
Chalk turquoise light
Gesso
Pearls
Tulle flower
Twigs
Mini roses

Enjoy your day!
Ingrid xxx

5 comments:

  1. Hi Ingrid, you have made an absolute stunner here...loving the colours....hey I received my 'magic' dust today am happy.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ахх... красота красивая!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is gorgeous! You have balanced everything so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ingrid - your clock is so very gorgeous - wonderful textures and beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete