Monday 27 April 2020

"Dream" Layout with Sandi Clarkson featuring Down Under

Hello, 13 Arts friends! 
Sandi Clarkson here with you today sharing my newest layout created with a mix of new products along with some older. 
I was originally going to scrap a photo of a sweet "Joey," so I reached for some of the new Down Under collection. But as I got to work, I decided to scrap a sweet photo of a couple of the granddaughters. 


My base paper is the Ayer Rock paper, Down Under and was prepped with clear gesso. Before moving on, I added some depth by using the Circle of Life Stencil with some black StazOn ink and added the circular dots randomly around the page. 



Next I added some texture in line with my planned focal area using the Wallpaper Stencil and Modeling Paste. When that was dry, I added some preliminary color with a wet towel and some  Light Turquoise Chalk Mist. My photo was mounted on a paper from the Down Under Paper Pad A6 and corrugated cardboard.


Then I moved on to some chipboard elements, most notably the birdcages from the Rosalie chipboard 12x12 which I painted with the gray color from the Down Under mini-watercolor set, gray. I really love the way they turned out! Additionally, I used a Creative Embellishments border chipboard, painted it brown with the Dark Brown Chalk Mist and placed that vertically under my focal area. 



Beneath my photo, I've also used some mesh ribbon from my Christmas supplies. The florals were also from my own stash but they worked great because they are tan and turquoise! If you have some ecru or tan flowers just add some turquoise and yours will be similar. 



I cut out the sheep from the Outback paper, Down Under and added them under the title which is from the Speaking of Which eco cardstock



A couple of finishing touches were to use my water brush and add more Light Turquoise Chalk Mist around the focal area. To complete my work, I splashed some Turquoise Splash!.


Products used: 
Florals, CE chipboard & ribbon, stash

That's it from me today. 
Thanks so much for stopping by! 
Sandi



No comments:

Post a Comment