Monday 31 August 2015

So Amazing - Layout Tutorial by Jacqueline Moore

Hi everyone!! Its Jacqueline here today to share with you a really fun layout I created using lots of awesome 13 Arts products!!!
I had been playing around making some little hand-painted feathers for my arrows I like to make when I realized that it would look super fantastic as a layout background.
I have also put together a little tutorial for you.

'So Amazing'


I really love how this turned out..... It is probably one of my favorite layouts so far!!!
 The photo is of my Son Jet and I at the zoo earlier this year.


Some Details: 








 The chipboard hearts have been given a coat of White SPLASH! Ink, which gives the chipboard an enamel feel.


 The chipboard frame has been covered in the Natural Mica in Fine Silver.






Here is the tutorial:

Steps 1 and 2: I have chosen to use plain white card for my background, but you could just as easily use a lightly patterned paper. Sketch your feathers onto the background using a lead pencil. When you are happy with them, outline in a black pen and add some detailing.


Steps 3 and 4:Outline all your feathers, add detailing, and draw some stitching around the edges. Then use your palette knife to spread gel medium all over the background. I have done this after drawing the feathers because if I had done it first the pen would just wipe off as soon as it got wet. The Gel Medium will also stop your paints/mists soaking into the paper making them easier to re-work and more vibrant.
Select a range of 13 Arts Paints and Mists and color your feathers, adding some splatters in the background.


Steps 5 and 6: Add some random stamping with archival ink in black and a script stamp. Add some more splatters of mist then stencil some triangles onto your background using Modelling paste and the Triangle Stencil from the Color Basic Collection.


 Steps 7 and 8: Spritz the whole background with Pearl Silver Mist. Cut and distress your papers and layer them towards the bottom of the page with foam tape, adding Calico on top.


Steps 9 and 10: Add some twine and your photo. I have then added some splatters of Fuchsia and Pink Mist to the background to tie in with my photo. Next I have covered a Chipboard heart lattice in White SPLASH! Ink, then cut it into smaller pieces. I have also covered a chipboard frame in Natural Mica in Fine Silver. I have then added my embellishments to my page using Gel medium to secure them, and brushing my flowers with Gesso. 


Step 11: I have finished of by spraying a few of the blue flowers with Chalk Turquoise Light Mist, and brushing some Chalk Ultramarine Mist beneath some of the papers and flowers. I have then added some Silver Mica Flakes randomly around the page beneath my embellishments, and adding some Silver Microspheres to a few of my flowers. I finished off by adding a couple of Clear Decorative Crystals and the butterfly gem at the top.


I hope you like my layout and are inspired to create something unique of your own!!!
 
13 Arts products used:
Color Basic Mask - Triangles
Microspheres - Silver 
Natural Mica Flakes - Silver 
Decorative Crystals - Clear
Natural Mica - Fine Silver
Ayeeda Paint - Matte Turquoise; Matte Pea
Ayeeda Pearl Mist - Pink; Black (Graphite); Silver
SPLASH! Ink - White


 

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous background and love the colors! Fabulous! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jacqueline, your layout is AMAZING !!! I love your background work...the colour and your sweet pic.Thanks for the tutorial...Have a nice day...Hugs from The Netherlands

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazingly gorgeous!! Your background that you created is simply stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout Jacqueline! I love how you draw your feathers and created such an amazing background. Such a fantastic photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. With BullionVault you can purchase physical bullion bars at current market exchange rates.

    Your gold and silver may be kept at one of 5 secure international vaults. And you are able to exchange it online or take away physical bars.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    Giaonhan247 chuyên dịch vụ vận chuyển hàng đi mỹ cũng như dịch vụ ship hàng mỹ từ dịch vụ nhận mua hộ hàng mỹ từ trang ebay vn cùng với dịch vụ mua hàng amazon về VN uy tín, giá rẻ.

    ReplyDelete