Thursday 13 August 2020

Adventure Beach Layout with Sandi Clarkson

Hello, scrappy friends! 
I'm excited to share my latest project for 13 Arts using the gorgeous Down Under collection. 

I had a photo on my desk of my niece Lexi paying on the beach and thought her sweet blue dress would be a great complement color for the fire-y orange papers of Hot Summer, Down Under Collection. I've used two sheets of this paper as I wanted to use both the A and B side. 


I've used a portion of the A side swathed across the B side for a nice layer to let the eye flow. For my photo layers, I've used sheets from the A6 paper pad, Down Under which I heavily distressed.

My first step is alway to apply a layer of Clear Gesso. Sometimes 2 layers if I anticipate lots of mixed media work. Next I selected the Unforgettable Memories 6x6 Stencil and pushed Modeling Paste through it.

When that was dry, I assembled the layers of my focal area including some discontinued flowers from my stash. I also tucked in 3 of the chipboard shells from Travel the World Chipboard Set as well as the Adventure title from the same set.



For me the fun is always when it is time to add color to my focal area and beyond.
The Mini Watercolor Set, Down Under was perfect for my needs using the deep orange, red, brown  and the light grey.

I went heavy around my focal point and included some colors on my shells and the title piece. I also defined the edges of my page with some of the deep orange.



One of the finishing touches was to add Dark Blue Mica Flakes to my embellishments as well as a few seed beads and pearls that I had on hand.




Lastly, I splattered COLOR GLOW, Blue Sapphire with my Splash Brush. The shiny metallic blue really makes one think of the ocean.



I love how all the added watercolors and Color Glow work together to give texture and definition to my composition.

13 Arts Products used: 
Splash Brush

and also:
Archival Jet Black Ink

Thank you for stopping by today!
I hope you are inspired to try something bold and beautiful!

See you next time!
Sandi




No comments:

Post a Comment