Tuesday 29 September 2015

Spring Tag with Step-by-step Tutorial - by Jacqueline Moore

Hi 13 Arts Fans!!! I hope you are all well!!!
In my part of the world Spring has finally arrived! I love this time of the year, and it inspired me to make a Spring Green Tag. I have also put together a little Step-by-step Tutorial for you!!

'Spring Tag'


 I have used beautiful bright greens and a hint of blue, adding in some gold and brown tones as a reminder of how in Spring all the beautiful plants and flowers come back to life.

Just a few close-ups for you too:






 Here is the tutorial:

Steps 1 and 2: Cut a tag shape from some white card and punch a hole in it. Then cut another, just a millimeter or two smaller from some 13 arts paper. Distress the edges of both and glue them together. I have waited until I glued them together to punch the hole through the 13 Arts paper, so that I could use the one in the white card as a guide.


 Steps 3 and 4: Spread some Gesso over the background. When it is dry mix some Matte Pea Paint with a decent amount of water then use a brush to flick the paint onto your tag. Continue to flick the paint up and down the tag until you are happy with it. it should look something like the photo on the left when you are done. Next add some flicks of Chalk Celadon and Sap Green Mists, and a small amount of Pastel Blue, then flick large drops of clean water on top and let the colors all pool together and marble. Let it dry.


 Steps 5 and 6: Tear a small piece of calico and use your fingers to distress the edges. Attach it ti the middle of your tag with a little Gel medium, bunching it up a little as you go. Then cut a small rectangle of paper from the Starlight Collection, distress the edges and layer on top of the calico using foam tape. I have positioned it so that it hangs over the edge of my tag. Apply a tick line of gel medium above and below the piece of paper on your background and add some D2 Microspheres.


 Steps 7 and 8: Color the Microspheres with Chalk Mist in Sap Green, then add a few flicks from the nozzle over the paper and calico. Next begin adding your embellishments. I have started with a Metal Frame and Resin Curls from Scrapberry's, available in the 13 Arts Store, some natural twine tied into a bow a few times, a couple of Prima flowers and some 13 arts Sprigs of Mint (I love these!!).


 Step 9: Brush some Gesso onto the flowers then adding some splats of Mist in the same colors you used on the background. Tuck a few leaves beneath your flowers, and add some Turquoise thread to your twine bow. 
Finish off your tag by adding some gold Microspheres to your flowers and some Light Gold mica flakes beneath your clusters. Add some more twine through the punched hole and your tag is finished.


 It really is super quick to make, lots of fun, and looks great too!!! 

I hope you have enjoyed my post today!! 

13 Arts products used:
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Really stunning, and a great step by step too, thank you.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tag is so gorgeous - beautiful colors, elements and flowers! And, thank you for the great step-by-step.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful - I love this kind of art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jacqueline this tag is beautiful - I love the marble effect on the background. Great tutorial too.

    ReplyDelete