Monday 23 March 2020

Unforgettable with Sandi Clarkson

Hello, scrappy friends! 
Today I am excited to share my Solo post for March. 
 I wanted to design and create a romantic layout using a recent photo of a family friend and thought it would pair nicely with the new Unforgettable collection. 

(photo credit @_sabrina_ruiz_)

As always, I prepared my base paper (A Day to Remember paper) with Clear Gesso in case I did lots of wet media work. I then decided to merely color my Modeling Paste with Coral Acrylic Paint. Then I applied that through the new Unforgettable Memories Stencil. I loved the effect and how it mirrored the flowers in the paper.  Before moving on, I did some random stamping with black ink and the new Vintage Letter Stamp A7



My paper layers were created mostly from the Everlasting paper which I distressed and punched with an old paper punch. I made myself a couple of long vertical strips by merely cutting some one inch strips of the same paper. These were then trimmed to about 10 inches in length.



It seems that I haven't been reaching for my transparencies nearly enough, so I grabbed the new Victorian Collage Transparency and trimmed off a section to go below and to the right of my photo. 

I also tucked in some ephemera from the Unforgettable Ephemera pack as well as fussy cutting the word "Remember" from the Timeless paper and using it as my title after backing it with some corrugated cardboard. 



Under my photo you will note a doily chipboard from the Unforgettable chipboard set which I painted with Ayeeda white matte paint. I layered more of the transparency in this area before adding my flowers and last few embellishments. 



I love the convenience of the ephemera packs! 
I did take time to color my Dried Roots with some Olive Green Water Ink. The florals are older ones from my stash as are my 3 pearls. 

The finishing touch was just to add a bit of  Colored Light Gray Grit and splatter some watered down
  White Gesso

Thank you for coming by today! 
Hopefully you found some inspiration for your next project! 

13 Arts products used: 



No comments:

Post a Comment