Thursday 22 August 2019

"Shine" ~ Grungy Walls Layout with Sandi

Hello, everyone! 
Sandi here with you today from the very hot, hot, hot State of Texas in the USA. 
Temperatures are in the triple digits. Yikes! 

With some cooler weather in mind, I'm excited to finally scrap this photo of little Peyton from a Fall Festival a few years back. I also wanted to have a little fun with the new Grungy Walls collections. 


Here is my finished project. 
I began with some fussy cutting of elements from the Scratchy Walls paper. .. lovely flowers along with feathers, arrow and chains. I set those pieces aside and layered more of the Scratchy Walls paper on top of the lovely Washed Wood paper. After applying a layer of Clear Gesso, I used some whitened Modeling Paste and pushed it through the Night Flowers Stencil. When that was dry, I randomly stamped black ink with the Blueprint Stamp



After tearing some of the Rusted Paper from Grungy Walls for part of my photo layers, I used the B side for my actual photo mat. I adhered the photo pieces to some corrugated cardboard and then began adding in my fussy cut elements as well as some various chipboard pieces from the 3 sets listed below. 



For texture, I tucked in some Ecru Sisal and some of my fave Gold Microspheres



A few 13 Arts Flowers were added as embellishments as well as a few older Petaloo from my stash to make that painted face and pizza pop! 



Aside from my Ayeeda Paint - Matte White mixed in with my Modeling Paste, I didn't really use any colored wet mediums on this sweet page. However, I'm very pleased with how it turned out. 

Thanks for coming by the blog today! 
Here is a shopping list if you wish to create a similar page. 

13 Arts products used:






No comments:

Post a Comment