Monday 13 April 2015

Making Memories with Jelissa

Hello there 13@rts fans!

I'm so happy to be here today to share a project I made using lots of new products from 13@rts. I also have a step-by-step photo tutorial to show the different ways these products can be used.

Step 1

I'm starting with "Pegasus" paper from the Starlight collection designed by the fabulous Olga Heldwein. I'm using it for my background and I have also used her "Hearts Stencil" to create a bit of contrast and texture on the black paper. Then I stuck on my very simple paper layers, which is the "Orion" paper from the same collection.


Step 2

The fun begins as I start adding on colors. First I used Mahogany Matt Paint to highlight the edges of the paper layers, followed by misting with Chalk Turquoise Light Mist and watering it down. Then I splattered Mahogany Matt Paint, Gold Pearl Paint, with little flicks of Splash! Ink in Turquoise.


Step 3

To add more contrast, I applied a very thin coat of modeling paste over a stencil.


Step 4
In this step, I'm altering a piece of chipboard. To prime the surface, I used black gesso instead of my usual white one because I really want to see some contrast. ThenI mixed the new Magic Powder from 13@rts with Gold Pearl paint to create a paste that I applied over the same Hearts stencil in my background. After that, I applied some Splash! turquoise ink with my fingers. I had some left over paste so I used those on my layered papers and sprinkled different colored sand grit and microspheres on top for a nice textural effect.


And this is the result when dried. 


And this is the finished layout after embellishments:


Some close-ups:


I forgot to take the pictures for the alteration of this chipboard title. But basically, I primed it with black gesso followed by a generous layer of metallic paint in Turquoise. Then I mixed matt Turquoise paint with Silver Pearl paint and brushed over the second layer. When all is dried, I used a wet brush to remove some parts of the lighter color to reveal the darker layer beneath. The result is a nicely layered color with dimension. You can also see the part where I added my extra Gold paste with the sand grit in light blue and natural colors.



And that is all I have for today. Have a great week ahead!

13@rts products used:




2 comments:

  1. Precioso trabajo!!!, muchas gracias por la inspiración y el tutorial, ha sido fantástico!!!
    Besoooosss...:)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work Jelissa!!Loved the tutorial you're an inspiration!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete