Saturday 20 July 2013

July Inspiration by Keren Tamir


"In your eyes"

Here is my first project for this month using the papers from 13 Arts new collection Faces of Spring.


I used the paper "In your eyes" from the Faces of spring collection because it fit the theme of my picture perfectly. Here is my son, hiding behind his hat and I can barely see his eyes.


I love the song by Peter Gabriel "In your eyes" and while I was designing this layout, I kept on singing it in my head.  
I used gesso to mask some chevrons onto the page. Then I added some watered down Green 13 Arts ink to add some color to the background.
Finally using some chipboard chevrons, I covered them thickly in 13 Arts Gesso and then stamped them with a crackle roller stamp.


13 Arts Materials:
Faces of Spring collection
Green Twigs
13 Arts Gesso
13 Arts green Ink

**************************



"Pure Bliss"

For my second project I created a layout for this month's challenge.

Here is the layout in some more detail.


As a background I used the "Natural Beauty" paper from the Faces of Spring collection. I wanted to have a neutral background so I can add all my mixed media on top.


I started by masking some chevrons with the 13 Arts gesso and some flowers with modeling paste. Then I stamped some images with archival ink. Finally I sprayed and colored with 13 Arts yellow and orange pearl sprays and adding 13 Arts Pink Ink.


Finally I embellished with lots of flowers to match the flowers on my daughter's dress.


13 Arts Materials
Collections: All is Love, Faces of spring
Gesso
Pearl Yellow spray
Pearl orange
Pink Ink


Thank you so much for visiting us today!!
if you want to see more of my creations please visit me here
I hope you have a great day!!








4 comments:

  1. wow! both are beautiful but the second one is stunning with great colours! and those flowers - wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, these pages are both sensational. I just sigh when I see your work. It is so beautiful and captivating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful, atmospheric pages - wonderful work!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete