Thursday 25 July 2019

Gorgeous Card and Tag Set with Sandi Clarkson

Hello, everyone! 
Sandi here with you today sharing a sweet card and tag set created with products from the new In Bloom and Under the Stars collections as well as some faithful oldies. 


For the card front, I've used strips of 2 different papers (Magnolia and  Bees and Blossoms) from  In Bloom collection and used both side A and B to create 4 patterns. This is a great way to create cards from your scraps although truthfully, I used my new 12x12 sheets because my card is 6.5 inches long.  And just because I wanted to play! 

After securing the 4 strips, I started selecting products for the focal area of the card, starting with a clock from the His and Hers Chipboard Set which I altered with the Patina Bronze Mist and highlighted with Old Gold Pearl Mist and Brown Water Ink.  While I was doing the clock, I also altered a chipboard flourish from the new Summer Rhapsody Chipboard. The Beautiful title chipboard is from the same set but I chose to leave that piece unaltered. 

I am really enjoying the new ephemera packs and selected some gorgeous pieces from the In Bloom set for the card and from Under the Stars for the tag. The little Bees are elevated with foam squares.  For a little additional texture, I added some floral and decorative pieces from the 13 Arts Flowers



I've used very little wet media on the card and tag set except for lightly dabbing with white gesso and splattering with my Patina Bronze Mist



The chipboard flourish from the Summer Rhapsody Chipboard is so delicate and gorgeous!
At the base of my card, I've adhered a phrase from our new Black Chipboard Words set.


Here is just a side view to show you some of the layers.



Next I created this simple tag to co-ordinate with my card.
For a smashing tag every time, use 3 layers and do a bit of old school punch work at the bottom.
Then add a few layers of ephemera and a gorgeous tulle bow.



I really wanted to highlight the Bumble Bees, so I used that as the top layer of my tag.
Then added some ephemera from Ephemera pack ~ Under the Stars and a few flowers.



Lastly, I dabbed with white gesso and splattered with my Patina Bronze Mist. Added my tulle bow for the crowning touch.

Now I am all set for the next time I am needing a handmade card!

13 Arts products used: 
Magnolia Paper from In Bloom

No comments:

Post a Comment